- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 pounds of clams (Littlenecks or Manilla), rinsed and cleaned
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- optional 1 small lime cut into wedges
- Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes until garlic is fragrant but not burned.
- Add the red curry paste and the fish sauce.
- Stir the paste until it has thinned out with the butter.
- Pour the chicken broth and coconut milk into the pot. Stir the broth mixture for a couple seconds until well mixed.
- Add the clams and cook covered for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until clams have opened. Discard any clams that are still closed.
- Add the parsley and give the pot a quick stir. Transfer clams and broth to a large serving bowl and squeeze a tablespoon of fresh lime juice over the dish.
- Serve additional lime wedges on the site.Enjoy!